What can I do to Stop, Clear or Delete cookies being installed on my Internet Explorer 5.0+ browser?
In Internet Explorer 5.0+:
- Go to the 'Tools' menu
- Click on 'Internet Options'
- Click the 'Security' tab
- Highlight the 'Internet' zone (selected by default)
- Select security level 'High' for this zone
- Click on 'OK'
- Go into your cookies directory (usually c:\windows\cookies)
- Delete all the files you have there
Once you delete these files, you will have no more cookies and your browser will no longer send or receive new cookies.
Stop cookies being installed on other browsers
Netscape Navigator 3.0
Firefox 2.0+ / 3.0+ / 4.0+/8.0+
Internet Explorer 3.0
Internet Explorer 4.0
Internet Explorer 5.0+
Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0+
Internet Explorer (IE) 8.0+
Internet Explorer (IE) 9.0+
To find out your browser Click "What is my Browser"