What can I do to Stop, Clear or Delete cookies being installed on my Netscape 6.0+ browser?
If you are using Netscape 6.0+:
- Go to 'Edit' in the menu bar
- Click on 'Preferences'
- Click on 'Advanced'
- Select the 'Cookies' field
- Tick either 'Warn Me Before Accepting a Cookie' or 'Disable Cookies'
- Click on 'OK'
- Go to your 'Start' button
- Click on 'Find'
- Click on 'Files and Folders'
- Type "cookies.txt" into the search box that appears
- Click 'Find Now'
- When the search results appear drag all files listed into the 'Recycle Bin'
- Now shut down and restart Netscape.
Depending on your earlier choice you will either be prompted by new cookies or no cookies will be set or received.
Stop cookies being installed on other browsers
Netscape Navigator 3.0
Firefox 2.0+ / 3.0+ / 4.0+/8.0+
Internet Explorer 3.0
Internet Explorer 4.0
Internet Explorer 5.0+
Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0+
Internet Explorer (IE) 8.0+
Internet Explorer (IE) 9.0+
To find out your browser Click "What is my Browser"