What can I do to Stop, Clear or Delete cookies being installed on my Netscape 4.0+ browser?
If you are using Netscape 4.0+:
- Go to 'Edit' in the menu bar
- Click on 'Preferences'
- Click on 'Advanced'
- Tick the box that says 'Warn me before accepting a cookie'
- Now go to your 'Start' button
- Click on 'Find'
- Click on 'Files and Folders'
- Type "cookies.txt" into the search box that appears
- Click 'Find Now'
- When the search results appear drag all files listed into the 'Recycle Bin'
- Now shut down and restart Netscape.
Once you delete these files, you will have no more cookies, and you will be prompted each time a website attempts to send a cookie to your system. At that time, you can choose to either 'Accept' or 'Cancel' the cookie.
Stop cookies being installed on other browsers
Netscape Navigator 3.0
Firefox 2.0+ / 3.0+ / 4.0+/8.0+
Internet Explorer 3.0
Internet Explorer 4.0
Internet Explorer 5.0+
Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0+
Internet Explorer (IE) 8.0+
Internet Explorer (IE) 9.0+
To find out your browser Click "What is my Browser"